Blower fan does not run long enough

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

apexer

Hello, maybe some one can give me a hand.

I have a Coleman DGAT070BDD and the fan does not want to turn on automatically. And when it does come on, it only stays on for a few minutes then shuts off and never warms up the house. I can switch on the fan at the thermostat by switching the fan from auto to manual and every thing works just fine. except the fan runs all the time. now in the summer time the A/C works just like it should with the fan set to auto. so I don't think the problem is in the thermostat.

any help with this problem?
Robert

Hi,

Integrated Control Board # 7990-319P @ $171 + $8 shipping .

In A/C mode and in Continous Fan mode, there is a blower relay that controls the blower motor.

In Heat/Auto, it is controlled by a relay on the control board.

The motor should energize and run 2 minutes after gas valve is energized.

If you have a multi meter to test voltages, when this happens, test across L1 and Neutral on Control board for 120vac.

If you do have 120vac at L1 and Neutral, two minutes after gas valve energizes, test across HEAT and Neutral on control board for 120vac.

If 120vac is not present at Heat and Neutral after 2 minutes,

the board has most likely failed.

It can be seen and ordered from here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Left side, click on pic for enlarged view.

If interested, please add to cart and order through PayPal or call

toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and charge to Visa or Mastercard.

Thanks.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
apexer

Robert,

Thanks for the help. I am looking for the neutral, L1, and HEAT on the board. I see there are 3 neutral pins located on the bottom right side of the board (looking at board to read writing left to right). Which one of these pins do I put my volt meter on? also can you give me some kind of hint on where I can find HEAT and L1 on the board?

Thank you very much for the help, Just need a little more help finding the pins.

Tim
Robert

Hi Tim,

For the neutral, just use the far right one.

On far right side of board you have two terminal spades, then just below those, are two more.

From top to bottom, number them 1,2,3 and 4.

1= Transformer

2= L1

3= COOL

4= HEAT

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?