Parts/servicing Coleman 3230-C901

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

shutterbugmc

I have an old Coleman Heat Pump at the home I moved into that works great but could use some new parts for the outdoor unit. Looking at it physically, the coil could use replacement, as it's falling apart (it's flakes off when touched), as well as the metal cage surrounding it. The heat pump model number is 3230-C901.

If these parts are on your site, please let me know too!

Matt
Robert

Hi Matt,

Those parts are no longer available. If they were, it would not be cost efficient to replace them on that old of a unit.

If it is still working, then the coil must not be leaking yet, so that should help give you time to prepare for replacement unit.

Note that those units have a seer rating and it is no longer made.

Therefore, a newer unit will have a higher seer rating and will require replacement of indoor coil as well to match the seer rating.

Otherwise, you will not get efficiency from unit and most likely not receive satisfactory comfort from it.

I would use as long as possible and get at least 2-3 estimates on replacement of system during this time.

Sorry to not be able to help much in this situation, but appreciate your inquiring and giving us the opportunity.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?