Coleman EB12B luke-warm air

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

sappersmurf

I have a Coleman eb12b furnace that doesn't blow as warm as I feel it should. I have read similar posts and followed the instructions on diagnosing the problem. The sequencer seems to be fine. the element reads 250vac for both top and bottom. Both elements heat up, but only the first loop on both top and bottom(left side of the element). The furnace has a 4-speed fan and I have been told that the fan speed should be different between the a/c and the heat setting but it runs the same speed for both(all three counting the heat pump). I am thinking the aiflow could be too high there by cooling the elements too much(just a thought). The outfit is only 2 years old and came with my mobile home. It has never heated any better than it does now.

Is it possible to add another element to increase the output? I was thinking I could replace the sequencer with the eb17 model and add another ground lug and a 4.8kw element(complete with limit switch). Just in case I can't get it running any better.

Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Travis
Robert

Hi,

Could be the blower speed, sounds like elements are ok.

Normally, you would have a/c on high, furnace on lo-med.lo and heat pump in between there or left on high.

To know for sure, would need a Tech to test it and diagnose proper speeds.

Yes, you could upgrade sequencer and add another heating element, both of which we can supply if needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
sappersmurf

Well, I've made the decision to upgrade. I just purchased the 4.8kw element and appropriate sequencer from this site.

It turns out the furnace I've based my comparison on is a higher output furnace(probably why my furnace feels cooler than it does). The upgrade should make them comparable.

Robert, I appreciate the quick response and the reassurance that my idea(upgrading) would work.

Thanks,
Travis
Robert

Hi,

Did you get 3500-412P/A Heating Element and 3115-3571 Sequencer ?

Did you buy any wire and wire terminals ? You have to use High Heat wire and terminals for wiring.

Also, do you have 200 Amp service ?

We have those also .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
sappersmurf

Yes I ordered the wire and terminals. And I have 200A service.

Thanks,
Travis
Robert

Hi Travis,

Sounds like you're good to go then. Thanks for ordering.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert