coleman heat and air parts, advice

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jct312

How you doing? Need some parts for a coleman 3500 A816 Presidential. The A coils are corroded badly, and the pan is leaking. Want to purchase all the parts and then call a tech to install. Also I noticed that some coils are taller and wider than what I currently have. I measured the opening and have room for a larger coil unit. Will this help cool my home better. I will upgrade to a better coil if it helps cool my home better. My double is 24 x 52, 1994 horton mobile home. Also since I am repairing this unit, would also look into replacing the heater coils, and possibly upgrade to a larger heat element. Any help would be very grateful. Respectfully , Jeff Todd :idea:
Robert

Hi,

Will need the tonnage and seer rating or outside condenser model

number. The A-Coil has to be matched to your condenser unit and compatible with available blower motors rated for mobile home ducts.

As for heating elements, I believe yours has 3 and could handle 1 more if so.

Would have to change the sequencer and maybe some other electrical parts.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jct312

Thanks for the call back, I can not read the label on the outside condenser, it is faded so bad you can't read the model #. The top says Coleman cooler 10 evcon. And the btu rating for the heater is 54000. Thats all I got. any help would be grateful. Thanks, Jeff Todd
Robert

Can you read the model number off the front of the A-Coil ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jct312

Thanks Robert for trying to help, but there is no number on the front of the coil. The blower number is 3500-590. That's all I can find. Thanks for your help. Jeff Todd
Robert

Well, when all else fails, this is the answer. Get the compressor model number off of the top of the compressor.

You may have to remove outdoor condenser top or grille, may need to wipe the compressor off and may need a light.

However, it should be legible and probably stamped into the compressor dome.

Thanks,
Robert
jct312

I'll check it out tommorrow and let you know. Thanks, JT
jct312

Hey Robert, this sound right, BM703193 Thermally protected V/230/208 then H 60? P1 LRA70? then a long number that I can only see part of, without taking the fan off. Is this enough to tell me what A coil I need for this unit.
Robert

Try rotating the fan blades and shining bright light on it. That long number is one I need.

I'm fairly certain you have either a 10 or 12 seer a-coil, but the tonnage needs to be exact and need either, compressor, condenser or a-coil model numbers to get that.

A guess would be close or most likely correct, but if wrong, could destroy your unit.

Thanks,
Robert
jct312

Robert, I got it, got bit by a spider also, here it is H23B263A BCA 149921 51622.
Robert

Ouch, sorry about that, but have been there myself over the years.

I'll cross-reference the number and let you know tonight or tomorrow as soon as I find out.

Take care of that bite, they can be nasty.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Did you happen to notice the brand ? Don't go back in there, just wondering if you saw it.

Copeland, Tecumseh, Bristol, etc... ?

Thanks,
Robert
jct312

No problem, If you can find the numbers for the exact replacement heat elements also. I think I will replace these also, but stay with the same stock parts, and not upgrade, I just want to pull out the old and put in the new. Humbly Grateful, Jeff Todd
jct312

No sir, didn't notice the brand. I was just out there putting it all back together. All the stickers are gone, the only thing I can read is the stamped plate on top of the the compressor. The big number
Robert

Hi Jeff,

Ok, I'll run them and let you know as soon as I can.

Robert