Coleman furnace making rattling sound

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

atvguy64

I have a Coleman Furnace, model # 7710-856, that has begun to make a loud rattling noise from the blower area. I am hoping someone can answer a few questions.......

what could be causing the noise, and how to fix it?
Does this particular model need manual oiling?
Is there a shop manual available on line for this furnace?
To take the blower assembly out, it appears as if it “slides out” after loosening a few screws, - is this correct?

Thanks for any help you can provide on any of the questions!! And if someone knows the age range (i.e. When it was built and how log they are expected t last), I would appreciate that info too! TIA.
hvac1000

There could be a few different causes. Turn of power to the furnace. Disconnect electric to the blower. Remove blower and report back as to your findings. Could be a broken motor mount,motor itself,bad blower wheel.

BTW the blower does slide out after removing the small screws.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

Hi,

These aritcles from our articles page should help and answer some questions:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/hvac/articleshvac.html

I would say it is late 80's to early 90's, so it is at least 15+ years old. Just a rough estimate w/o researching exact age.

Years they last depends on too many variables to try and ascertain that from here.

They do need yearly or bi-yearly service and clean inspections.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?