evcon outside fan motor

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

elkman

I have a coleman evcon(can't find a model # ,the tag has faded)that the a/c fan has quit running on.I came home yesterday and the blower on the inside of the house was running and putting out warm air. I checked the outside unit and the fan is not running,although I can hear a humming sound inside the outside unit.The blades will spin freely on the motor ,just not running The part number on the fan is cpn-1468-412. and the unit is 12 years old.Is it just the fan or could there be other problems causing the fan not to run?
hvac1000

I would check your fuses/breaker outside in the disconnect. Then I would check the breaker in your electric panel on the inside of your home. Report back with your findings.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
elkman

Thanks for the advice.I checked the inside box and none of the breakers were kicked out. The outside disconnect box has a t pull switch with out any breaker.I pulled it out and examined it and put it back in and turned the unit on and the fan started running and I have A/C again!! I guess it must have gotten loose over time and was not making a good connection.
hvac1000

Glad you got it going. If it happens again you may check the wiring in the outside disconnect for tightness after you turn the breaker off in the home. This way there will be no electric going to the outside A/C disconnect when you are checking the wires.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.