Lesson learned on combustion air switch/motor

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

fatherdoug

First post. This is a wonderful site.javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing

With no experience whatsoever, I was able to use the info posted on this forum to troubleshoot a Coleman gas furnace that had the flashing green light, ( 3 times ) indicating a problem with the combustion air switch or combustion air motor. I ordered a combustion air switch, thinking that was the problem, but after reading some more info on this forum. I was able to discern that the air motor was not running.

I was getting 120 volts to the motor. I pulled the motor off the furnace and found a small piece of cardboard wedged between the motor wheel and the housing, which was preventing the motor from running the air fan.

I am only out the price of an air switch, which I will keep for a spare.

Thank You very much for a very helpful forum. :lol:
fatherdoug

Could someone move this topic to the Coleman furnace forum. I put it in the wrong forum. Thank You.
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome and welcome to the site. Glad it helped get your furnace running again.

Thanks for the kind words of support and for ordering from us.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?