Thermostst replacement.. Which One...

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dd716ted

Our mfg home currently has a Coleman Electric Furnace with a Goodman Heat pump. The thermostat that came with the system is non programable.. (Goodman Model HPTA18-60) The description for this model states the following.." Room thermostat with 2 stage heat / 1-stage cool and emergency heat capabilities).. I have taken this information to HD / Lowes and so on, and they can't tell me which programmable thermostat will work with my system. Can anyone recommend a programmable thermosts that will work in my system, or where I can find a listing of thermostats that will work? Thank you
hvac1000

If you read the box the thermostat comes in it will list exactly what it will control. You just need a simple two stage heat one stage cool heatpump thermostat.

I have no idea what Lowes or Home Depot carries in stock but I am sure they have what you want.

I will pass on this information to you. It is never really good to set back a heat pump. It takes the system way to long to reheat the home and when it does it will trigger the resistance heat which will cost you more money than if you just left the heat pump run all day.

Been there done that!!
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.