Blower Fan

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

triss

I have a model EB12B. The blower fan on it will work, but I have to physically turn the shaft to get it moving. When moving, everything is fine. It just won't spin on its own. When the thermostat kicks the unit on, the motor hums, but just doesn't move until I move the shaft an eighth of an inch.

Please give me some ideas of what to do. I hate to replace the motor when it seems to work.

Triss
Mark
Site Admin

To me it sounds like it could be a bad run capacitor. Run capacitors help to start the motor. The one for your furnace is part number 1499-4461, which can be seen and ordered from this page: http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

I would also make sure that the wires connecting to your run cap haven't vibrated off or something.
You can't fail if you don't try!
Robert

With unit OFF, see if you can spin wheel for several rotations without it stopping.

If so and it takes off when pushed and unit ON, then the run cap is most likely.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?