Coleman arced now no power

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mac92a2002

Hello,
Well I admit first off I broke it, please help me fix it. After a few cool nights I decided to kick on the heat for the first time. The thermostat clicked and the honeywell board pulsed correctly and tried to light the furnace, no luck followed by a single blink, ignition lockout. Worked fine last year, not know, but had blower motor clanking and banging due to bad bushing. Replaced motor AC worked fine. Back to issue. I rested my hand (carelessly) against the wires where it looks like a transformer is and a clear plastic piece, which caused it to arc. Now I have no power to the unit at all. The circuit breaker never tripped but still have no power, green light on the honeywell is off. So got zapped and broke the coleman too. Any ideas what I may have fried, other than me?

Coleman 2960E766
Thanks for your time and trouble
Mike
Yanita

Hi, Welcome to the site!

In case you missed it we a have an HVAC, (Heating, Venting and Air Conditioning forum specifically designed to help those in need of repair or trouble shooting their units. I am going to move this thread to that forum. Robert or HVAC will gladly help from there.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
mac92a2002

OK I do not know where the correct thread is. Any help is appreciated.
Yanita

Hi,

I moved your post here to this forum.

It is now in the proper place. When you have a furnace/AC question they are posted in this forum.

We also have a Repair, Decorating, OT (off topic) Website Questions and Computer questions forums. Please feel free to use all the forums.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Robert

Hi Mike,

You most likely fried the transformer by shorting wires together.

You would have to test the secondary 24vac side to see if it is ok or not.

Is this in a mobile home ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mac92a2002

No it is in the basement of my first floor. We have a seperate unit for the second floor. Would you happen to have a transformer that will fir my unit? Thanks for your help.
Mike
Robert

Hi Mike,

Transformer # 2940A3541 @ $59.09 + $8 shipping .

It can be seen and ordered from this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Scroll down to very bottom left side. Click on pic for enlarged view.

If interested, please add to cart and order through PayPal or call

toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and charge to Visa or Mastercard.

Thanks.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?