Coleman Pressure Switch Failure DGAA070BDTA

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

seadoorxdave

I recently bought a mobile home. It's starting to get chilly here so I wanted to check the furnace. The diagnostic light flashed 3 times telling me the pressure switch failed to open. It's a Coleman Model #: DGA070BDTA Serial #: 00060455. Is this something I can fix myself? If so, What all do I need to do it and how do I do it? Thanks.
Robert

Hi,

Yes it is DIY IF it is just the switch causing the problem. Probably is if it didn't open.

You need either a screwdriver or nut driver, depending on the 2 screws used.

You remove the wires and tubes, remove the 2 screws.

Mount new switch with the screws. Replace the 2 wires and tubes.

The new switch will probably look somewhat different and may possibly need new tubes or 1 new tube if no longer long enough.

Look closely on the old switch before removing tubes to see where they go. You'll see NC and NO imprinted in the switch casing next to the tubes connections.

Be sure they go to corresponding ports on new switch.

Pressure Switch # 024-27666-001 @ $39.99 + $6.75 shipping .

You can see and order it from here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Scroll down left side to locate, click on pic for enlarged view.

If interested, please add to cart and order through PayPal

or call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and charge to Visa or

Mastercard.

Thanks.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
seadoorxdave

Thank you for the information. We did change the switch, but the problen and the code still flashes 3 times (switch failed to close). The furnace does not ignite. What are our other options to fixing the problem ourselves? (It costs to much to get a service call out here.) Thank you again.
Robert

On call for heat from t-stat, does the small booster motor start up and run ?

It should start within 2-3 seconds after call for heat.

If it does, check the air pipe coming to motor for looseness or damage or blockages, check the tubes connected to the pressure switch for blockages or looseness or tears.

The booster motor, air pipe, tubes and pressure switch are causes for switch not closing.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
seadoorxdave

Thank you, Robert for all of your help. Thanks to this site, we were able to find the problem of no heat and repair the pressure switch and the booster assembly. I will be using this site more often. thanks again for helping us put fire in the hole!
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, glad we could help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert