AC fan on Coleman 3500

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

cr

Hello,ihave a friend that I'm trying to help out. She has a Coleman 3500A812...with a control box for the ac 3500-5821/B. The problem is it will not start blowing on its own. She says she can tap on the front of the control box one time and it starts,reaches correct temp and cuts off, and wont start again until she does that again. I looked inside the control box and am unsure which item is giving her this trouble.I don't want to start switching things out and switch the wrong parts. Ive found the parts on your website--3110-3311/A reversing relay,,3110-3301 blower relay,,,3110-3571--and the whole control box. I don't have a lot of experience with this but I'm guessing its a relay but which one?Thanks in advance.cr form TN
Robert

Hi,

Does the outside Condenser come on ok and JUST the blower motor inside doesn't come on as it should ?

Or, does nothing come on until she taps the box ?

BTW, what part of TN are y'all located ?

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
cr

I'm thinking nothing comes on
cr

I'm in Clarksville. She lives in Erin.
Robert

Will need to know for sure. I'm in West TN is why I asked.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
cr

I'll call her to see if she knows.
Robert

Just tell her to set t-stat to come on in cooling mode. If inside blower motor does not come on, go see if outside condenser is running.

IF nothing, inside or outside, is running, tap box, then check both again.

Thanks,
Robert
cr

shes 99% sure its both of them operating at the same time.Meaning they both work or they both don't.
Robert

If neither work until she taps the box, it could be the T-Stat Reversing Relay # 3110-3311/A or the System Switch # 3110-3321.

IF it is just the indoor blower motor, most likely either the Fan Relay # 3110-3301 or the Fan Switch # 3110-3331 .

The System Switch and Fan Switch are on front of box. The Rev. Relay and Fan Relay are inside the box.

All items can be seen and ordered from the Coleman A/C & HeatPump Parts link in the store.

If interested in ordering, please add item(s) to cart and order through PayPal or call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and charge to Visa or Mastercard.

Thanks,
Robert
cr

Thanks Robert ..You've been a big help.. She said its been like this since last summer.??.I'll get the parts. Thanks. Chuck.
Robert

Hi Chuck,

You're very welcome and thank you for allowing us to assist you and her.

Here's the parts page if needed:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanAC.html

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
cr

Hey Robert just wanted to let you know that I got the switch in and it worked. She really appreciates it. When I went to put it in it was 100+ degrees in there. WHEW!!The switch was a little different but I figured it out. Thanks again!!Chuck.
Robert

Hi Chuck,

That's great, glad it took care of it and you both are very welcome.

Thanks again for ordering from us.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert