Clicking noise control board

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

BEKM

Can anyone tell me what the problem is when a continuous clicking noise comes from the control board of my coleman heating/cooling furnace? It is a model DGAT090BDD.
The green light stays lite when I don't turn on the fan but once I turn the fan on it begins flashing and clicking, in both the heating mode and the cooling mode.

Thanks for the help!
Brian
BEKM
Robert

Most likely a bad relay on the circuit board. If so, the board will have to be replaced.

You should have it tested before buying any parts though.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
BEKM

Thanks for the info. FYI... I just replaced this board last Nov/Dec so it is only 9-10 months old.

Who would be qualified to test this board locally? Could I run a test with a volt meter?

What would cause the relay to burn up or work incorrectly?

Thanks again and again!
BEKM
Robert

Hi,

You may could test it. Basicly, if you have power coming in but not coming out it is faulty.

Several things can cause a board to go bad. This is where a qualified Tech comes in handy, they can pinpoint the fault and diagnose why.

You would need a HVAC Tech who is knowledgeable in MH units.

Does it have a P/N on it ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
BEKM

Robert,

I could not locate the P/N on the board but I know for a fact that I purchased this board through mobile home repair last Nov/Dec. I just noticed that some signs of water have shown up on the board where the last board had problems also. This may be the root cause. I might have a bigger problem then just the board.

I believe I purchased the 7990-320P Integrated Control Board from mobile home repair.

Thanks,
Brian
BEKM
Robert

7990-319P is the board for your furnace. This is a pic:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/media/i ... 0-319P.jpg

If it has water stains, that could be fault source as that is bad for a circuit board.

Thanks,
Robert
BEKM

Robert,

I will go off of what you suggest with 7990-319P. But i do have the other board in right now because I was told that is the newer model for my unit. And it has worked just fine until now. this is the link to the one I have http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/media/i ... 0-320P.jpg
I actually think the one you are calling out looks more like the original one I had in my house first.

Either way should I still have a PRO take a look or is the water stains evident enough to purchase a new one?
BEKM
Robert

That's why I sent the pic, to see if you had the old original 319P or the newer style 320P, LOL. You weren't sure of P/N .

You can go either way, can send ya 320P info tomorrow if ya like.

With water stains, probably bad due to water/moisture. Find the source and correct before buying and installing new board.

Can't say for sure if that is only problem, you'll have to decide that and make decision on calling a Tech.

I can say water/moisture will destroy a board in a heartbeat.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert