Coleman Model DGAH077 BBSA Furnace ignitor

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

RickW

Figured out my sensor is bad so I am now trying to put a new one on. I have the circular plate off the furnace but cannot figure out how to get the black plastic piece that the plate is between off!!!! I assume this is reusable because it holds the ignitor wires together. I thought I'd better write to you guys before I break it.
RickW

Well......I got the plastic piece off and apart but now it doesn't expand enough to tighten up in the hole of the cover. It doesn't look like I broke it.
RickW

I got it all together. I slid down the canvas (I think it's canvas) wire cover to make the wires thicker in the plastic piece which made it a little tighter in the hole. All went well except i dropped one screw in a small opened area next to the furnace that I can't get back but that's ok. Saved a lot. Just one question.Just one last question. How the heck do the ignitor wires and yellow wire not get burned?
Greg

without seeing them it's impossible to say for sure, but they may not have been routed correctly or the protective covering was out of place.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
RickW

I AM SORRY FOR WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME. I just read the directions, after the job is done of course. It says to put the ignitor sleeve insulation in the "strain relief" (plastic piece), in order for the strain relief to fit snugly in the burner mounting plate.
Greg

Another case of "Smart instructions", some times they just think they know everything!!!
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."