Replacing a model 7610 series 859 with a 7956C856

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

digifoss

Hello all, I am new here, my first post. My MH has a Coleman heater only model 7610 series 859 that is very old, and I am having problems with, namely every time it comes on, there is a very hot smell, almost like something burning coming out the air registers, so we quit using it last winter. My son recently gave me a Presidential 7956C856 to replace it with which looks like it's hardly been used, much better shape than my old one. I know this one has a little lower btu rating than mine which is probably OK being my MH is a 14x50 and I got it free, and the physical measurements are the same as my old one. Is there any way to tell if the Presidential is setup for Natural Gas before I switch them out ? My MH is on natural gas, not propane. Is there anything else I haven't thought of ? Ill probably be back with more questions once I get down to swapping them out. Thanks in advance for any help.