wiring t stat

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

chickenhaulerz

we replaced the electric furnace in november 2012 with a revolve model EB17D and it worked very well for heat only.previously had coleman a presidential mfg. 1990 when home was new it is now time for a/c the tech came and installed the a coil and told me he is not getting 24volts at compressor . the wires to the ac compressor were NOT hooked prior to his visit how it was wired was the 4 wire t stat red >red....white>white....green>green....black>yellow.... after tech gave up he said my tsat was probably bad ..everything powered down i changed to new t stat. it has a switch heat/ ac when moved to either it will click sending call to furnace ...problem is ...nothing works heat nor ac so i powered down everything and unhooked the 2 wires that came from the outside compressor and rehooked same way it was ...now i have no heat function t stat sends call> no response from furnace .... could this tech have damaged something inside my new unit by not understanding what wires went where ? if so could you point me what to check? i dont know a lot but i understand better than the tech they sent ....obviously as i installed furnace and all was well until....NOW thanks for reading
Greg

I think I would contact a different dealer. I would think that a "Trained" service rep should have no problem trouble shooting the problem.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
chickenhaulerz

thanks for that...however i live so far out of the way that this was the only guy even close the rest are over 80 miles away just trying to save that hefty service call milage charge ..need to figure out something else
DaleM

PM sent.