Coleman #3500A916

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

I wanted to find out what SEER and exactly what ton rating my unit is.

I was told its a 4 ton unit, but just thought i would post this up to find out for sure.

My outside condensor unit us a Carrier. not sure what model thought, ill have to go take a look.

Thanks
Robert

Hi,

The outside Condenser model number is needed for that. Can give tonnage then, but may not can get seer rating as it is not a normal MH unit.

Our database won't show Carrier info.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?

can you tell me the SEER rating on the coleman unit?
Robert

Hi,

The SEER rating is on the outside Condenser Unit. That being a Carrier, will need model number to try and get that.

The Coleman part is the furnace and has no seer rating.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?

OK, a new problem has developed and i figured id just post in this thread because it had my model number already posted.

I have a wood floor in my laundry room and you can tell where its been getting wet and we figured it was from the doggy door. Well tonite while my wife was doing laundry you can step on the floor and water comes up from the seems, so somethings up and it my a/c not draining.

i guess its running under the wall and under the floor, so i am going to have to pull up the floor and move out the washer and dryer and take a look, i already know we have some serious rot under the back door in the siding, im thinking its from the a/c.

Anyways i figure the drain pan under the a-coil is rusted out, but mine is plastic, the drain tube isnt clogged its just overflowing the drain pan.

Heres a couple pics i took, maybe you can give some advice based on them.

see it seems to be seeping out from under the black plastic drain pan, and down a little channel behind the big black grommet and down next to the drain line and on the floor.

I took a video tape and put in under the plastic tray to angle the end opposite the drain up so it would force the water tawards the drain line, but this is a temp solution at best, and i need to know the best way to fix this perm.

Heres another pic i took a few minutes after it was running, after being shut down for about 20 min to clean up the mess on the floor.

Im guessing the main problem is the pan being rusted out.

i just went and checked it out again, and im thinking my problem is the a-coil is freezing up, it starting to get a vertical strip of frost on both sides of the coil on the outside.

We had this problem whe we first moved in back in 03, and it was 4 pounds low on freon, guess its time to have the a/c man back to check it again.
Robert

Be back in about 30 minutes to read and look over pics.

Robert
hvac1000

A unit low on refrigerant and freezing up can cause a water problem. The coil when it defrosts will leak down the center and edges and miss the pan completely sometimes. This is because a proper operating coil will have water running down the coil strait to the pan. The ice on the coil causes the water to be diverted to other areas besides the plastic pan. I would also check to make sure the coil is clean of all dirt and foreign matter. There are instructions for doing this under the help tips posted on this board.

Robert also might have additional information on this subject since he works on mobile home equiptment all the time.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

Hi,

Sorry, I got sidetracked . Anyway, I'd say HVAC1000 is right on target.

Here are some articles to help get units clean:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article ... ioner.html

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article ... lower.html

Four pounds is a fairly big amount and the leak should be located.

Then it can be repaired and a vacuum pulled before recharging.

Also be sure to change/clean filter every 30 days.

Remove the tape, that's to big of a slant.

You can tape a wet/dry vac hose to the end of drainline and pull out any blockages usually.

Make sure you have a trap in the drainline, preferrably as close to A-Coil as possible.

Drainline should be 3/4" CPVC or equivelant .

You can DIY all of above except finding leaks and repairing, pulling vacuum and recharging.

Robert

thanks for the help, we had it cleaned real good by a pro last year, but the problem is its freezing up, after about an hour of running constanly we took the cover off and it looked like it had snowed in there.

Im guessing its low on freon again, i am going to call out a pro this afternoon, i can do auto a/c work all day long and have all the tools to pull vac and recharge, but never really messed with house a/c.