Round bathroom vent fan finally installed.

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Lorne

A long time ago I think I posted about replacing this fan.
Well, I finally got it done, but what a job.

The previous owner had some HACK to the job and installed a squirrel cage fan and motor which ended up blowing air back into the bathroom and he butchered the inside of the can so bad that I couldn't just replace the motor and blade, but pull the whole can out of the ceiling. WOOF. :roll:

Come to find out, as usual when you start working on an old home, that when they replaced the roof shingles they also cut an off cent hole to replace the fan.

Well, if all had gone well all they had to do is get a hold of Mark here at "http://www.hvacpartstore.com/" and get a new motor and blade, instead of pulling the whole thing out. Thanks Mark for your wonderful service. And it was shipped the very SAME day even though it was late in the day. Where else do you find service like this? :D
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Aaronjohn

Before you start, it is imperative that the walls are clean, sound and dry. Good job!
Aaron John
www.247torontolocksmith.com
mcnakamura

Wow great job! I'll going to check that site and maybe ask for advices.
Electrical Installation