New fridge Icemaker waterline

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Lifted79chevy350

I am getting a new used fridge that has an Ice maker. The sink is on the opposite side of my trailer as my fridge. I was wondering if anyone could help me understand how to run the new waterline. I will be putting a shut off valve under the sink for this line but im not to sure how to go about fishing the waterline without removing the underbelly. Any tips would be appreciated thank you.
My mind never stops working.
Greg

If you can get a wire fish from one side to the other you can run the line with just a few small slices in the belly, if not you may have to open up a larger section in the middle. Mark has belly repair tape in the store, or do a search for JD's method.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Lifted79chevy350

ok my neighbor has a fish tape maybe make a small cut, i thought about running it along the wall along the trim.
JD
Site Admin

Opening up the belly and sealing it back up is not difficult at all. It is just the crawling around part that can be hard. I would run a PEx line to the back of the fridge and put a shut off valve there. Then you could run a braided supply line with compression fittings. No copper tube and fittings to leak. If you have 3/8ths PEx available, that would work well with the supply line. "Fishing" a line across the room could be a lot harder than cutting and mending the underbelly.

I use spray adhesive and a small piece of underbelly to make the repair. You can get a repair kit from Mark in the Books & Parts link above. For just common stuff available locally, A piece of tyvek and 3m Heavy Duty Spray Adhesive 90 (not 77) would mend the cut. I imagine 6 mil plastic might work too. Never tried it, but the spray adhesive should work with that.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Lifted79chevy350

thanks jd I happen to have some 3m 90 spray I use it for upholstery. Do i try and feed the line as far as I can then make a small door cut on each end?
Lifted79chevy350

oh and BTW the underbelly of my trailer is like a paper material almost like a paper bag with fiber strings through it.
JD
Site Admin

>>>Do i try and feed the line as far as I can then make a small door cut on each end?

A lot of people would do it that way. The pipe should go through drilled holes in the joists til you get lined up with the fridge, from there the pipe should be anchored every 30". Just saying
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Lifted79chevy350

Ok thank you JD. My trailer isnt that wide but i would still anchor it. The good thing is its a straight shot from the sink to where my fridge sits directly across. Ill post some pics of it as soon as i can. Thanks for your expertise btw. Information you guys provide is a wonderful help.
JD
Site Admin

Glad to help. Looking forward to the pics. It helps others see what they will be getting into.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!