Front Door Frame

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Thomaswbo

Do they sell the front door frame just by itself for mobile home doors? Our steel door is just fine. But the Door frame itself is busted where all the locks go. Looks like someone tried to kick in the door while it was locked. So my question is how do just replace the door frame? only the side where the locks lock is busted. thanks for all the help ahead of time.
Greg

Hi & welcome. Home centers sell jams, or you could build your own. You basically will end up taking the wall apart in the area to get access to the door jam. If you build your own, you may want to think about using 2x4 or 6 for extra strength.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
bobfather99

If someone tried to kick it in before, they might be back. Beef up the doorjamb with a 2X4 and use plenty of screws to hold it all together.

My brother had a break-in at his house awhile back, we laid 3 2X4s on the lock side of the jam, and screwed them all together with 5 inch long screws. We also did this on the hinge side of the door as well.
Tip your bartender.....
Thomaswbo

home center? like lowes? Will they have a front door frame that will fit a single mobile home? Yeah was thinking about putting some 2x4's on the lock side. Just was wondering how to fix the lock side of the frame where it busted. cause it looks like its two pieces of wood on one for the seal of the door when its shut. not sure how to explain it. like 3 inchs where the locks go than its raises 1/2 inch so i guess the door can seal?
Greg

Lowes or Depot should have a full size (80") frame, just cut it down to the size you need.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
alvasin

Endura takes pride in our standard wood frame components including jambs, mulls and brick mould. Crafted with strength and endurance in mind, these components are finger-jointed with absolutely no knots or gouges in the wood. All of our standard wood frame components feature our 180-day primer which gives you terrific coverage and an extra 180 days before finish coating is required.

A large variety of sizes and machining options are available so that you have the greatest flexibility available and can effectively control your inventory.

External Doors Adelaide