coleman 3400a816

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

terrellallen

i live in virginia furnace is in asheville nc last year thing would burn you up this year no heat.had a guy go check it,had him replace limit switch,now bottom element comes on other two:top element glows red in spots,middle element not coming on at all.i gotta assume since one element is working sequencer is sending 110v thru to elements and two are bad?how do i tell this guy troubleshooting procedures?he says no continuity thru the two elements that dont come on but i have my doubts.please help me explain it in a simple to follow way.he has a good meter
Robert

At the ends of each element coil, there will be a spade terminal/wire on a white ceramic insulator.

WITH call for heat from t-stat, wait one minute then test across those two terminals on each element coil, one meter lead on each side, for 240VAC.

IF it is there and the coil is not energizing, then disconnect one wire from one side and ohm across them with power OFF.

IF power/voltage is there and they do not work and do not show/read continuity, they are bad.

You should have 240VAC across each and 120VAC from each side terminal to a good unpainted metal ground.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?