My Masterbath Remodel

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

jinx

I'm new to this website, but wanted to share my recent redo of my bath.
I'm going to show before and after pics and kind of describe the process.
These were just as I was getting ready to start. It is the first view into the bathroom.

New wall I put up.

The after shots.

This is where I had to rip out the wall over the vanity so that I could reroute the electrical from the ceiling to the wall for new lights. This was a first for me. I've seen this window from my shed and wondered where it was. It is covered by a wall.

AFTER.

New shower curtain.

I replaced the old window with a new dual pane/Low-E window. It really does make a big difference in the transfer of heat.

And here is the new curtain to cover the floor to ceiling cabinet to hold all my big linen, such as quilts and extra pillows. This used to be the shower when I moved in, but was so small I had the plumbing turned around to use the garden tub as a shower. Eventually, when I learn how to do tile, I will rip out the garden tub and build a tile shower.

Across from that cabinet is the toilet and this is the new light I installed.

This the one that is in the entry to the bathroom. It is slightly larger than the previous picture.

I scraped all the old texture and re-textured.

The lights, towel bars and tp holder are all brushed nickel. They are so beautiful.

We're also replacing all the doors and it makes a wold a difference.

Also, this was the first time I have done crown moulding. It only took me 5 days and about 10 pieces of molding to get the hang of it. Once I had the hang of it I had it all cut and up in one day.

After posting this I won't be around for a week. :( I am headed to CA to have surgery on my shoulder. During the remodel I tore my left rotator cuff. :cry: So, I now have to put my kitchen remodel on hold. :(
One last thing I did get done was to put resilient flooring in my laundry room. :) That's how I happened to find this site. :) I was looking up the flooring and found it being discussed on this site.

Well, take care and see ya later.

BTW, the flooring is much better than I had expected. :)
troyster

Looks awesome-nice job!
JD
Site Admin

Hey it looks great! Hope you have a quick recovery. Take it easy though.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Maureen

Great job Jinx!

Looks very good! Enjoy the new bathroom!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Harry

Hi

Nice work.

Good luck with the shoulder. Do your rehab.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?

Good luck with the shoulder. Been there myself doing work not long after I moved in here. That's a tough row to hoe. Speedy recovery!!!

PS. Bravo on the bath re-do!
Greg

Great job, it is always a good feeling to be able to look back and see what you started with. good luck with the sholder. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."