Coleman furnace blower will not come on

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Robert

Hi Jim,

The 1 at end of p/n is an added number our distributor puts on all parts., has no meaning to part.

All top and middle terminals are M's and the very bottom are H's.

The wiring is same for both old and new.

Try the ohms test suggested to see what it shows.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jlraymond

Hi Robert,

I'll get some readings for you. Why would you think that things are running normally now by moving the fan blower blue wire to what would be M6?

Thanks,
Jim
Robert

Different set of contacts that are working. However, it needs to be on M1/M2 at the M2 side which is start of the elements.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jlraymond

Hi Robert,

This is what you had previously wanted me to do:

Remove wires from M1 and M2 ONLY. Turn t-stat OFF.

Set meter to test for ohms and test across M1 and M2.

Then set t-stat to Heat-Auto-highest temp setting to get a call for heat.

Wait 30 seconds and test ohms across M1 and M2 again.

Tell me what it reads.

In each case, I got a zero reading. It seems that with the previous readings that the new sequencer is giving off the correct readings. Still, with the blower wire connected to M6 and operating correctly, doesn't that mean that the other half of the sequencer is not working correctly?

Either way, I feel that we have achieved some sucess and again, I do appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Jim
Robert

Hi Jim,

With a call for heat and after 30 seconds, you should have got a reading showing ohms and a closed circuit.

The blower wire must be on M2.

By what you stated, M1 to M2 contacts are not closing.

However, you also stated all elements have voltage and are working.

IF all elements are receiving full voltage and all are working, then the blower motor is getting voltage through the sequencer.

Therefore, need to check the molex plug connector wires as stated earlier.

Thanks,
Robert