roof coating do it now or wait

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

blbrade1

well its that time of year when the rain just keeps coming and i want to coat my roof. I got some fibered aluminum roof coating but the label says not to apply if temp is below 50 and it is supposed to be except at night and rain/snow on sat. Think will be OK to apply?
Carpenters Rule!!!!!!
JD
Site Admin

If the roof is already leaking, it is certainly worth a shot. Especially if it is leaking at a vent or you know where the leak is. You could do a partial and finish the rest of the roof when the weather is better.

Another option is to use a product like Geocel Roof Repair. It can be applied at any temperature and can even be applied is light occasional rain. At least that is what my supplier says. Haven't actually tried that one yet.
https://www.hardwareworld.com/White-Roo ... ZR2JB.aspx

Liquid Roof (Liquid rubber product) is a better product and is also effective in the conditions you mentioned but is considerably more expensive.
https://pro61.cedant.com/buyliquidroof2/order.html

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

That was my thought also, you can just get the leak sealed for now and recoat in warmer weather. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Rod

definitely get a patch up there if your leaking. Then wait for the right conditions to seal it.

Hey JD,

Have you used the Liquid Rubber? What do you think about it vs regular rubber? cost, install etc. I'm curious as I have no experiece with it.

Rod
JD
Site Admin

Hi Rod,

Follow this thread over to Off Topic. I'll start the post

RE: Liquid Rubber roofing - Rod

Don't want to hijack the original topic.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.