vibrating faucet

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

blbrade1

i have a small leak near my shut off valve under my m.h. (about 1 drip per second) and recently my kitchen faucet started vibrating whenever i turn it on both hot and cold could the leak have something to do with it
Carpenters Rule!!!!!!
Lorne

Not being a real plumber I would think that stopping the leak is first priority. If the vibration is still there then it might just need a new little gasket washer. Might do the trick.

One drip per second can mount up to a whole bunch of water after a while, unless you live on sand like us.
Good luck.
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Greg

"on paper" it is possible that with no water useage the leak is there, but when there is useage in the house the water leak may become an air leak allowing air into the system that could be the source of the vibration.

At any rate, fix the leak and see if you solve 2 problems. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
blbrade1

i though it might be air causing it also. i just wanted to confirm. now all i have to do is try to get my "ill fix it tomorrow" manager to get it fixed, since it is theyre valve, and i dont want to have to replace it if something goes wrong.

thanks guys,
Ben
:D
Carpenters Rule!!!!!!