Aluminum Pan Roofovers

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Harry

Hi JD

Here's a photo of some roofs in a MH park near here. What do you call this type of roof over?

Here's the local vendors prices. Are they in line?

Roof Products Prices
3" 0.26 Rise Pans $1.80 sq. ft./ 0.32 $2.39 sq. ft.- New Rhino Pan $2.50 sq. ft.
3" Insulated Composite Roof $4.09 sq. ft.
Aluminum Pan Insulated .024 $3.69 sq. ft.
Protecta Panel, Foam and End Cap $1.90 sq. ft.
Valance $.1.35 cents per lineal ft.
Drip Fascia 3" $4.00 per foot s/order
Roof Over Systems $3.45 sq. ft. w/trim
$3.50 sq. ft w/ gutter and 4 D. Spouts
Drip Edge 10' lengths $6.95 per length
5" C-trim $11.50 per 12' length/ clips are $1.85 a piece
E-Gutter $6.50 per foot / E-Valance $4.45 per foot
Roll Form Header w/lip $2.99 per ft.
Peel N Seal $13.95 per roll 3" x 33.5 ft.
Ridge Cap $3.99 per ft.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
JD
Site Admin

Hey Harry,

Yeah, all the mobile home guys and suppliers in my area call a second roof installed over the original roof a roof-over. When a roof structure with posts, trusses etc is built over a home, it is still a roof-over but mostly called a pole barn roof.

I like that design with the high raised seams. I have found that raised seams usually end seam leaks by design instead of sealant.

It is hard for me to know exactly what they are selling. Do you have a link to that site? Typically, .019 embossed aluminum in a finished product form will cost $1.50 to $2.00 a SF. Polystyrene foam is worth about $1 a foot / 1" thick, and polyiso is worth about $2.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

Hi JD

This is a very common system in this area. Note the gutters w/downspouts are part of the roof system.

http://www.discountalumdepot.com/index.html

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Rod

Harry,

There are some other companies to look at and get quotes from.

Sunshine Systems
Sunhaven
Roof King

If you cant find them let me know & I'll get the web addresses. Also you can do a roof over with material bought from you local supply store. Probably for less $ Mark also has an article on this.

We've done them on domed & peaked roofs.

The advantage to the pre-fab kits is insulation thickness & the high ribs as JD said. However the pre-fab kits are typically 50%+ more expensive.

Harry

Hi Rod

Thanks but I am interested in the aluminum pans with the 3" tall seams. Good for our strong winds and tropical downpours.

Harry
Rod

Harry,

I'm sure if you search aroud you might find another company that offers that high profile you are after. Just for a price comparison atleast. I know the local vendors here offer some higher profile standing seam products, but I dont think I've seen 3". Maybe on commercial applications.

I understand how the raised seam would help with the tropical rain, but what is the advantage with the high wind? just curious.

Rod
Harry

Hi JD

I call it a - 3" standing seam aluminum pan roof over system

I spoke with Frank Sr this am and he said the delux system (the whole kit with insulation and instructions) is $2.95 a square foor. He has a stripped down version for $2.55 a square foot. He has installers for $750 to $900 for a 23x53 DW job like mine.

Harry