monitor type heaters

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

SpongeBob

After living my first year in a MH, my major complaint is the blower noise from the Miller furnace. The furnace closet is right next to the bedroom. It works perfectly but I just cannot take the noise. I am considering a "Monitor" type oil fed heating unit with direct vent to the outside. Ideas about pros & cons would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS!
hvac1000

I have talked to Pete Caruso many times at Monitor products. We have been in touch since 1995 when they brought the boiler line to this country from Europe. I have not messed with there other products but from what I hear they are junk since they split from Toyo stove years ago. They have cheapened the units.

Go to this site and read around a bit and you will see what I mean about Monitor heaters. Remember the boilers that Monitor make are world class it is only the units you are talking about that have a problem

http://www.alsheating.com/index.html
Link to Al's site [img]

Also remember your heat duct under the floor will not be warming your water lines and that could cause them to freeze up in the winter.

http://monitorproducts.com/index.html

Link to Monitor [/img]
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Greg

Harry, I have run Monitors for years I can tell you first hand they are an excellent unit as is toyostove. That said, yes they did make them cheaper but name one product that has not been cheapened up over the years? From what I have been told from other Monitor dealers in the northeast the person that has the site you linked to ended up with a restraining order from more than one of his customers so I would about totally disregard most of his bashing.
Talk with some of the other dealers before you rule them out. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."

Maybe a little late . My mobile had monitor heater before I bought it . I live close in maine . he had problems with pipes freezing and had to run his old gas furnace to thaw pipes out a couple of times he said . he got a new furnace . yep a miller and its loud here too. He did say the monitor did heat the trailer well but it was uneven because it was located in the living room . The living room was a little hot he said . he only had one unit .