Put the awnings back up or not?

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

momom

I've got another question for you: When I moved the home last June because of the flood, the idiot who just showed up to help us all get out did $6000 damage; part of which was kicking my awnings over. 1 small section is beyond hope, but the 2 larger ones I would like back up. They are not in bad shape, but the contractor says they are not normally "reused" He wants to build wooden replacements in spite of these being paid for. Is he giving me a line? I put the smaller 1 up my myself when we moved here; this would be the 3rd time they both would have been installed. I'll need new posts; the ones I had were square aluminum, with a scroll between the 2 square posts. How expensive are they? Do I need the wooden awnings instead of my old aluminum ones? Thanks, momom
Yanita

Hi,

If the ones you have are good enough to reuse I see no reason why you can not reuse them. Personally in my area you can find awnings all day long at salvage shops waiting for someone to purchase them.

From a weight standpoint I think I would go with yours opposed to wooden. Think he is trying to make a few bucks, but that is JMO.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!