need ideas for deck roof

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Suzque49

We are building a covered deck around the side and front of our home. As you can see it has odd angles of the roof at the front door area. The current porch area is approx 10x15 ft. The new deck will be about 17x24 in the same area. But the quandary is how to tie in the roof lines at the front of the house. None of it will be attached to the home, all free standing, just tucked under the eves. The home has been on a permanent foundation since it was new in 1990. We live in the desert, no frost issues.
Susan
Greg

If you can drop the deck down about a foot it may make it easier, it looks like that may give you room for a low pitch roof. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Dean2

I stared at the pics for 1/2 hour,can't see any obvious way other than extending the house roof out over the porch,"saddled"(term?) on top. That would keep a big cloudburst from flooding the gutter and running down in front of the porch door.

Is that an owl on the roof peak? After staring for so long,I thought I saw it move!

;-Dean
Suzque49

Greg, the deck will come up to about half way up the ridge board, (I think that is what it is called) will have about a 8 inch step up to the landing in front of the front door. So maybe we might have some room for a slight pitched roof.
Dean2, extending the roof might also be an option. I will let my hubby know of your suggestions,
Yes that is a plastic owl on the roof, he keeps the birds from leaving "deposits" on the front porch. We also have one on the garage and where we park our motor home. Works great.
Thanks for your help. I will post pictures when it is finished
Susan