heavy condensation and weak airflow

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dbagwell1971

i have a double wide home with an intertherm unit, that is building up heavy condensation. water is filling up the ducts in the side of the home where the airhandler is located. water is draining out of the drain tube to the exterior of the house but slowly, water is also filling up my cross over duct.i have replaced the cross over duct because it was too short and kept coming undone so i replaced it with a longer piece and secured it with banding,sheetmetal screws and plastic zip ties. the airflow is very weak to the non-airhandler side of the house also...what can be causing so much condensation and how can i increase the airflow in to the other side of the home..thx
Robert

Hi,

Tape a wet/dry vac nozzle over end of drainline and pull out any clogs.

IF you have an electric furnace and the a-coil is above the blower motor, make sure you have a trap installed inline in the drainline close as possible to the a-coil.

Check then for proper flow through drain.

Make sure you don't have a water leak somewhere causing this other than the hvac unit.

Make sure crossover is tight and not kinked at all.

Make sure a-coil is clean.

If you go to top tool bar, click on HVAC, then click on Articles, read cleaning your a/c and cleaning your furnace blower motor.

They cover the a-coil cleaning as well.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?