Air conditioning or what?

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Furball

This is a 1993 Fleetwood Broadmore, 14 x 66 with peaked celings. I would prefer a swamp cooler but, in order to do that, I would have to have water run to the other side of the house which isn't cheap. Being on Social Security, money is not in abundance.
I enclose a drawing of my MH showing the rooms and windows. A couple are X'd out because they can't be used. The hall side of the house is the shadier side. The sun rises from the left top and sets right bottom.
What would be my best options to keep my costs low. Two ACs? One big AC? Swamp cooler? What size of anything? HELP!
Robert

Hi Furball,

Maybe 2 9,000 btu units or so. Just depends on insulating qualities of home, amount of sun exposure, average summer temps and how prone you are to heat or how cold you want it.

Would be best to stay with 110/120 volt units also.

Ceiling fans circulating air when units are off helps also.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Furball

Thanks Robert. Any tips on placement of the ACs?

Usually runs to mid 80s in the summer, but sometimes much hotter. I get hot very easily. Home seems to be fairly well insulated.

On the picture I've drawn all the windows and put an "X" thru the ones that cannot be used.

If you send me your email at [email protected], I can send you a bigger picture.
Robert

Replied to email.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
hvacengineer

14x66=924 Sq. Ft. 12,000B.T.U.'s Per Ton of Refrigeration.
Rule of thumb is 500 Sq. Ft. for each ton of refrigeration.
Ideally you should have a heat load calculation done for your home.
Units should be located on the east side of your home if possible.
Hope this helps.
Furball

Thanks for the input.