E2EB-015HA ac problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dlf19662001

Hi Robert,
Hope all is well. ok in cool at 1-3 we have 23.9 vac5-6 is open and 2-4 is closed.
Yes the relay was replaced back in october but hey its a ten dollar part from china, So it could be kaputt
ok Red goes from relay 5 with yellow with m-1
and black is new and reading 0 on ohmn scale
Robert

Hi Donnie, Doing great except I wish I could wiggle my nose and be sitting in front of your furnace, LOL.

I'd fix it for free just to show it who's boss, LOL.

Ok, relay tested correct at 1/3, 5/6 and 2/4 .

Red from 5 to yellow to M1 is correct.

When you say black read 0, from end that connects to relay 4 to end at molex 4 ?

Are you saying you ohmed it from end to end and got no reading ?

The relay is new, tests correct and works in heat mode, so should be ok.

Blue wire from transformer to relay 2. At transformer connection to ground = ?

At connection to 2 = ?

2 to 4 closed

4 to ground = ?

At blower plug 4 to ground = ?

IF all read 120VAC to ground and orange wire at blower molex to ground is 120VAC, should have 240VAC.

Everything keeps reading correct and without being there, don't know what is missing.

Might try another meter to see if readings are same.IF the power was there, it would read 240vac across the orange and black at blower molex.

You could leave 2 and 4 disconnected and connect 5 and 6 back to relay.

Then, disconnect 6 yellow wire from blower molex and diconnect 4 black from blower molex.

Then connect yellow in place of black.

Set t-stat to heat-auto-85* and see if blower motor works in cool speed at least.

Since yellow and orange read 238vac and work for heat, use them to power up motor cool speed to at least see if it works.

If so, I would get new black wire, be sure it is correct size, a new molex plug connector and rewire.

Something is missing and not being able to lay eyes on it or test myself, hard to know what is amiss.

Thanks,
Robert

You could connect the yellow
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
dlf19662001

Hi Robert,
we may be on to something all reading were as you said with the exception of 2 to 4 is 0 volts.
The blower did run with yellow in place of blk at molex plug.
blk wire from 4 to molex checks 0 ohms that what I was refering to
Thanks for all your help so far
Robert

Hey Donnie,

If relay 2 to grnd was 120 and 4 to grnd was 120, with 1 and 3 reading 24vac, 2 and 4 will close and then read 0, so that is ok so long as you had 120 at each side to grnd and 24vac at 1and 3.

How's that for one sentence, LOL ?

Ok, black should NOT read o ohms, replace it again and be sure you get correct awg size and it must be 105*C thermoplastic wire for furnaces.

Also need high heat terminal ends.

Relay reads correct and works each time as it should.

Orange wire reads correct and works with yellow heat wire and black cool wire.

Motor works in heat and cool speeds.

ONLY thing left is black wire from relay 4 to molex 4 or the molex 4 connection.

Do this:

Turn power off.

Remove the BLACK wire from motor that goes into molex 4 hole and insert it into the molex 5 hole between where it was in 4 and the orange 6. That 5 hole should be empty.

Then, remove the gray wire from molex 5 on relay side and remove the black wire from molex 4 and reinsert it into that molex 5 where the gray wire was.

Remove gray wire at other end from sequencer M2 and keep it for future use if needed.

Set t-stat to cool-auto-65* and turn power on.

IF all works, enjoy the cool air and close everything up.

IF it does same as always, replace the black wire suing those same 2 holes, 5 instead of 4.

If it still won't work, replace the molex plug.

Hope to hear good news soon.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
dlf19662001

Hey Robert,
Just when you thought a bad nightmare had gone away. Well still no positive results but I did notice without the auto switch for the blower in that i had red from 5 on relay hook to m-1 well i switched it to m-2 and the blower runs with t-stat in auto but not on but the outside condenser not running in that mode the voltage is checking or-ye 243 yellow to black 65 and orange to blk 186 . yellow and orange to ground is 119 but blk to grnd is 65 how is that for messed up numbers any ideas Thanks Donnie
Robert

Hi Donnie,

Have you done everything in my last post ? If so, it is time to bite the bullet and call a HVAC Tech to come out cause something is miswired or crossed up somewhere.

Could have a direct short to ground also.

If I was there, would be fairly easy, but I have been doing this for 28+ years.

With all that has been tried, something just ain't right and i can't be sure what it is without being there.

My last reply should have found problem for most cases, so if not, please get a Tech for comfort, safety and peace of mind.

If you do, please update us as to what is found.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
dlf19662001

Hey Robert,
well I took your advice and bit the bullet and called a tech well like you said it was simple 15 minutes and 65 dollars later the power supply was out of polarity he rearranged some wires and all is good now. Thanks so much for your help. :)
Robert

Hi Donnie,

That's great, just one of those things that is hard w/o being there.

You're very welcome, happy to help and glad it is all good now.

Thanks for inquiring.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert