Nordyne M1MC-090A-BW heater not turning on

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Dalamon

Hi,

This morning we woke up to a temperature of about 56 degrees F. Our thermostat was set to hold at 65 degrees F.

I tried increasing the hold temperature to 70, 75, 80, 85 ... nothing. I decrease the temperature to below 54 and hear the click, like the heater is shutting off. I then increase it to over 54 and hear it click like the heater is about to turn on, but it never does.

I switched the AC on and lowered the temperature to 50 and the AC kicks on. I turned the system back to heat, nothing. I turn the fan off auto and to on and it kicks in and runs, but no heat comes out.

The red light is on and steady in the control unit.

What could be the issue?
Dalamon

I did follow the instructions to clear out the gas line.

--Turn off all electric
--Turn heat to LOWEST setting
--Turn gas knob off
--Let sit for 10 minutes
--Turn gas knob on
--Turn electric on
--Set heat setting

Still same issue, I think the thermostat is not sending heating instructions ... or the igniter is not even kicking in.

Any suggestions would be wonderful. :?
Robert

Hi,

Make sure ON/OFF switch at furnace is ON.

Set t-stat to call for heat at Heat-Auto-85*

With a call for heat at that time, test at control module W and C, one meter lead on each for 24-28VAC.

Does the small combustion blower come on at call for heat ?

If not, trace 2 black wires from control module corner 6 pin molex plug connector over to connector for combustion blower.

Unplug the connector and place one lead in each to see if 120VAC is getting to combustion blower with a call for heat.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?