Remove Furnace

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ammo284

My mobile is now heated and a/c by an outside unit..any ideas on how to take the furnace out safely..I had a roof over and the stack was cut off.
The furnace is disconnected, both electric and propane. Anything in floor I should know...and how to fix Thanks Jim :?:
Robert

Hi Jim,

Has entire roof-jack been removed ?

As for as floor, you may or may not have some screws or an L bracket, etc.. securing to floor or wall.

Could also have some duct connector tabs connected to furnace.

Slowly see if it moves and if not or beforehand look along all sides, front and rear on outside and inner insides for above.

They're all installed different and not always to code or as should be.

After removal, you can remove duct connector and seal boot connection to trunkline, then cover the opening with plywood.

Again, they're all different.

Seal up floor to keep airflow from being lost through opening and to ensure strength of floor to allow use of closet area for storage.

Thanks,
Robert

After that, should come right out.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ammo284

Robert,
Thank you very much for the great information, my sons and I are going to remove the furnace this next weekend. Once again Thank You :D :D

Jim
Robert

Hi Jim,

You're very welcome.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?