Fedders Window AC Serno : A6X05F2A Beeping = ?

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

chewiefl2003

Hello everyone. The unit in question beeps when it turns on or off. Also, it sometimes beeps with out turning on at all, randomly, I can't seem to time it. About 1 out of five beeps when it is off, I can hear the compressor or the fan start to kick on, then immediatley stop, with another beep usually. I had assumed this was due to being old, and the auto setting for temp being to close to actual. So I turned it up to 85. Still getting the beeping. It's not constant but pretty unnerving.

Possible pertinent info : A different outlet in the same room, displays a Wiring Fault Indicator on my APC 1500RS UPS Unit. APC says this could be 1.Missing Ground, 2. Reverse Polarity, 3. Overloaded Neutral. I haven't been able to get ahold of a meter yet to check it. I did, try plugging UPS (use it as a tester), into same outlet AC is running from, both with AC plugged in/not and AC running/not, never produced red warning light on back of UPS. The 2 issues may be unrelated, but, just in case, there ya go :)

-David
Robert

Hi David,

I don't have any data on that unit and am not familiar with it. Not knowing anything about it or having info on it, not much I can tell you.

Only thing I can suggest is to get a meter and test circuits according to wiring diagram or call a Tech. With it being old and a window unit, you could probably replace it more feasibly than calling someone though.

Sorry I can't help further.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?