Coleman 7900 series heater-a/c

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ss

My Aunt has a Coleman series 7900 and it was working fine til the other night. She called for heat and nothing happened. She then tried the a/c and nothing happened. She called the Gas Company and the service man said its the Transformer. Is he correct? I dont want to start changing out parts that dont need changing.

Thanks in Advance!
Robert

The only way to know is test the transformer. IF it's bad, what caused it ?

Could also be a wire has come loose or been chewed into.

What is full furnace model number ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ss

Hi Robert,

Thanks for getting back to me. The model # is 900759.

Im not at my Aunts place, but she said the gas man unhooked some wires and jumped something. and then told her there is no spark. If that helps. I also read other posts here where the person was only able to get the heat or air to work when the thermostat was on the on position and not the auto. I had her try that, and it still doesnt work.

Anything you can suggest would be a big help! She is freezing at night and only has a small electric heater.

Thanks!!!

SS
Robert

Hi,

Have her look on front facing of furnace for a data tag or sticker with furnace specs and info about furnace.

Get the model number from there, it will be 79??-??? .

The number you gave is the blower housing number.

Can she contact the gas person and verify what he did exactly ?

She will need to be able to test for voltage at different locations to determine where there is power or no power.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?