Heat pump quote

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Lorne

Had a quote of "around" $4000 for a Packaged Goodman SEER 13, 3 ton heat pump installed on a concrete pad [needs to be poured] and a new stat on inside wall. [not outside wall where it is now].

I saw some on-line that ran around $2000, but there would be installation labor plus shipping.

Does this sound about right?
1987 Craftsman Double Wide 42x28,w/attached 28x12 foot enclosed porch/ re-shingled 2 yrs ago. Original exterior vinyl w/no sheathing.
Robert

Hi,

Prices vary from area to area, contractor to contractor, unit to unit.

Alot goes into the cost, so it is not possible for me to say.

I wouldn't buy online for such an investment if I could get it installed from a reputable company locally.

The first and most important thing is choosing a reputable and experienced installer with license and insurance to cover the job.

Check with other people with similar units installed and see who did it and what they paid for good examples.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Yanita

Hi,

We just had a Goodmen gas pack installed in May, I found a dealer/installer from there website..just do a google on Goodmen, the home page has a box that you complete, with your zip code, gives you info from there. Fortunately for me, I have a friend that is a certified installer for Goodmen...hope you have such luck!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!