blend air system

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

wmharkness

can the attic fan of the blend air system deluxeblend air II be shut off manually?
Robert

Hi,

Yes: http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ArticleBlendAir.html

With that said, it is not advisable to do so longer than a short period.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
wmharkness

wmharkness wrote:can the attic fan of the blend air system deluxeblend air II be shut off manually?
thank you..
can this be accomplished by just shutting off the switch? or must something else be done.

I have a friend who is having a problem with wood smoke from the garage stove burning in the back. This is only a problem when the husbands in the garage working which is not often.
Robert

Hi,

Turning switch off should do it. Sometimes they are wired different and more is needed.

Unplugging power input to board will do it also.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
wmharkness

My friend has a deluxe blend air II. she cannot shut the attic fan off(the 4 hour cycle) by shutting off the switch on the lower control box. Is this a normal function? or is it a malfunction?

The model# is 7681-8171/B , does this mean I need to buy the board for the "B" model ?

Can the boards be interchanged? will one board or the other allow the 4 hour cycle to be intermittentlly shut off ?

Thanks for your time.
Bill H.
Robert

Hi Bill,

The link I gave above will tell you if there is a problem. Turning switch to off should do it.

If not, follow steps in the link or call a Tech to test it.

They cannot be interchamnged, the 2 boards, upper and lower are not the same.

Thanks,
Robert
wmharkness

Thanks Robert.
Actually... I am a tech.. ( Im a believer as well!!)(good meeting you.)
I have very little experience with the blend air system.
My question about the 2 boards was.... can the "B" model board be interchanged with the none "B" model ?
Also is the /B after the model # mean that I need a "B" only board ?

your time is greatly appreciated more than you know.

Thanks,
Bill H.
Robert

Hi Bill,

Nice meeting you as well and great news of you being a believer also.

The boards cannot be interchanged.

Yes, the B in model numbers means on all applicable parts, you'll need the one for the B system.

Follow those article steps and it will tell all there is to know about those systems.

Print it off for use in the field.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanBlendAir.html

Take care and best wishes,
Robert