any one had experience with an air ease heat pump

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

macmom

We are planning on replacing our unit with a heat pump. I got info on an Air Ease heat pump 13 seer. Home is 1391 sq ft.
any advice for us would be great.
Carol

I am using macmoms computer.....
Mark
Site Admin

Nothing I'm familiar with, but these days there's more and more odd brands hitting the market. The odd brands are often cheaper and can run quite well although ya have to question if they'll be around in 5-10 years when you may need parts.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Yanita

Hi,

Nothing technical to add here, just an observation. My sons home also a MH has a heat pump, for whatever the reasons the unit is constantly freezing up in the winter, something about emergency heat strips... I know several people with heat pumps that have troubles.

I choose to go with a Goodman packaged unit...glad I did. You can do a google search on the Goodman brand. Not the best out there but not the cheapest either. I am from Eastern NC as well, Goodman is everywhere here!

Look threw this forum, I have a couple of post about my unit...

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Mark
Site Admin

Goodman is a good choice. Becoming more popular all the time. They'll be around for years, or at least until one of the big names decides to buy them out -- but even then, parts & service should always be available.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Yanita

Hi,

Also wanted to add that regardless of what unit you purchase, do "your" homework on the install, what needs to be done.

You can have the best unit made, but if it is to big, to small, or improperly installed it won't ever be right.

Read as much as you can on this site before you just hire anyone to do the job....

I know Macmom, so I have a idea of where you are located...check with your local utilities company and see if the offer a free manual J calculation, this will give you the correct sizing info for your home.

Again, read this site for as much info as you can get..and then ask even more questions before proceeding... Since our install I have not regretted one day, this was our first summer with the unit, can't wait to see how the unit heats!

Yanita
Robert

Yanita,

Heat Pumps need an outdoor t-stat to shut them off and energize the emergency heat strips when temps get between 35-40 or so.

Not all HP's have this, so may need it installed or it may be there and not working.

Could also be a faulty defrost control.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Yanita

Thanks for the info Robert,

As I said I know nothing about heat pumps. The kids home has only been set up for 4 years, everything new, every year those strips have froze on this unit. Last year they finally just had the original MH unit wired and ran that.

I will certainly pass the info along to them so they can inquire about a fix for the unit.

Thanks again Robert, your always so helpful!

Yanita
Robert

Hi Yanita,

You're very welcome, let me know if more info needed.

BTW, still not moved, BUT we are now winning the spider war, not

just the battle.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?