PVC trim around exterior windows

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

nestsman

I finally got my home painted a green that is similar to the surrounding sage brush. Soon I will be adding 3 inch wide PVC trim around the windows. What works out looking the best? Using diagonal cuts to form a picture frame style? Or something else?

Thanks!
sage.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

If you are going to leave it flat, a 45 would work fine, If you are going to trim it out you will need to wrap each section separately

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
nestsman

Can you explain what you mean by "leave it flat" and "wrap each section separately"?

Thanks
Greg

When I did our's the first time I used 2x3 wrapped in aluminum coil stock bent on a brake.
DCP02416_46696500.JPG
Lowes & the depot also have PVC boards that I have replaced a few with also. Price wise it is almost a wash if you figure in your time bending the coil stock & materials.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
ponch37300

You can do either if you are using the pvc boards. Personally I would do the cuts how Greg did them where they overlap. It's easier and a little more forgiving then getting a perfect 45 angle. Hard to get perfect miters.

With PVC you don't have to wrap them like Greg did. If you do end up wrapping them with coil stock it takes some skill and practice to use a brake to bend them up like Greg did.