Intertherm FEB-017HA-C-03 - Won't Shut Off

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dblncklhog

Our Intertherm runs continuosly and will not shut-off. The fan and heater blow hot-air all day, until we turn off the breaker. Turning the thermostat all the way down does not have any effect.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Mark
Site Admin

Pending a short or something somewhere, probably the most common problem is a stuck sequencer. The sequencer part number for your furnace is 901075, which can be seen and ordered here: http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
dblncklhog

I have now ordered the sequencer; hopefully that will do the trick.

I am thinking about updating the thermostat (to one of the programmable ones) - what style should I be looking for, or is it even possible to install a programmable thermostat?
Robert

Just be sure it is for your units, heat and a/c types with same number of wires as minimum.

It will have to be battery operated or you will need to run a common wire from transformer to t-stat C connection.

I would get a Honeywell or White Rodgers and would buy from HVAC supply if possible. Better t-stats and knowledgeable help to get correct t-stat.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?