Roof Jack Extension

Post all other heating and cooling questions here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

VCFD

I am in the process of putting a new metal roof and I need to extent the Roof Jack a minum of 8". I've been looking at numerous websites and can't find the exact match. The current pipe has a 4" inner, a 6 inch intermediate, and an 8 in outer. There is a picture of the complete assembly in my profile.

The furnace is a Miller propane model M-148353 CMF80-PG serial number MA0488-00496.

Thanks!
Whatever It Takes
hvac1000

Robert will be on here later on this evening. He has parts for exactly what you are doing and will be able to help you when he reads your message.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
VCFD

I haven't heard from Robert yet but I posted a picture of the inside. Anyone have any ideas where I can get an extension? With the new roof there is not enough through the metal roof to put the boot on so I can seal it properly.

Thanks!
Whatever It Takes
Robert

Hi,

Checking on this now. Those older roof-jacks are no longer available.

Trying to see if our distributor has any left.

If not, you would need a new roof-jack if the extensions listed in our Nordyne Chimneys-Roof-Jacks store won't fit.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
VCFD

Thanks Robert. I've been looking at the Nordyne store but for some reason I can't view the pictures, so I'm not sure if they are correct. From what I can see during my internet research, most of the extensions don't have the 4" flue, with a 6" intermediate, and an 8"outer. If I need to install a complete roof jack from the furnace top through the roof, how do I measure it so I know what size to get?

Thanks!
Whatever It Takes
Robert

Hi,

Those are no longer available, BUT we ~may~ have one left in our distributors old stock. Checking on that now.

If not, then a new roof-jack would be needed.

The measurement is from top of furnace to the roof.

Should know by tomorrow hopefully.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneChimneys.html

The CFM roof-jacks are for your furnace. It should say CMF (typo error). We don't have any pics of those yet.

They also take 2 weeks to get from manufacturer.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
VCFD

I was able to get the old roof jack installed this weekend. My whole problem was that I didn't have enough of the pipe showing through the roof to install the boot and properly seal it. I was able, (with much difficulty) to force the silicone boot over the part I had removed and then seal and install it.

I do have another question I hope someone can answer. Believe it or not, when we were installing the cap, a small 3" pencil fell into the 4" flue pipe. Looking into the furnace, I don't see how I could get it out. Do I even need to get it out? If so, how do I go about getting to wherever it went?

Thanks for your help!
Whatever It Takes