Bathroom window screens

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

My M/H did'nt come with screens on the bathroom windows. The measurement I took was 7-1/2" x 36". and the frame will need a hole for the window crank. Anyone know where I might be able to purchase a couple ??? Thanks
Greg

Many full survice hardware stores have screen service avalable. If you make a cardboard template with the crank hole location for them they may be able to make one for you. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Hi

I had to make a screen for one of the bathrooms. I stapled screen to the wall and framed it with wood molding and drilled a hole for the crank. Looks good.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?

Trailer John can make one up for you for short money.

http://ashvillemobilehomes.com/winscreensma.html
Yanita

Hi,

Just wanted to add that Ashevillemobilehomes.com is a reputable company. Many folks from this site have ordered from there.

Just thought I would throw this out there as some folks still do not like to order online.

Have a great night,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

I have bought from ashville a few times. Great company to deal with. I bought a fiberglass tub a while back. This thing was so well crated it was amazing. Not a scratch on it.

Also, you can buy screen frame material, screen, plastic corners and splines from the home stores. These may be too thick to fit your mobile home window though.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Indians

Not for sure if anyone nows this or not...but do you know you can buy solar screens for your windows?

I found this the other day. And am thinking about getting it when or if we get the other issues resolved.

We have a lot of South windows. Still looking for the best price...but this is last on my list.

http://www.metroscreenworks.com/?gclid= ... WAod-we5mQ
klm9707

Reading this makes me realize how much I wish I had a bathroom window! :cry: We have local hardware stores that will make screens for you. Also have a manufactured home plant not all that far away and they have a "store" that you can buy most supplies. Check with your local hardware stores. They are usually happy to help.

Thanks for all the reply's....