Adding A-C to 3500A816

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Beaversprings2001

All went well except my g wire.
Coleman 3500A816, Blower motor 3500-590, MH series un-cased A coil. Coleman 13 seer ERCQ Series 3 ton. all pre-charged line set.
Hope that is good enough for numbers.
As I said, all is well with the exception of the blower motor. I believe I need a fan relay, and have one on the way. Is anything else needed to make the blower run on high.
Blower works fine on heat mode. Just need to wire the high speed to cool. Am I on the right track. Thanks , Jim
Robert

Hi,

The 3500-5901 blower assembly is a Heat only blower assembly and not compatible for a/c .

You would need to upgrade to a 3500-6901 blower assembly.

Then, depending on the t-stat you use, you would need a a/c control box or the necessary controls that go in one.

How many wires connect to your wall t-stat and does it have a Heat-Off-Cool switch and a Fan-On-Auto switch ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Beaversprings2001

Looks like four wire, auto and on/ heat off cool. Honeywell
Robert

Hi,

You would need the 4 wire a/c control box #3500-5841B @ $104

+ $10 shipping .

It can be seen and ordered here:http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanAC.html

Scroll down right side column to locate. Click on pic for enlarged view.

Will be Wednesday before I can check on availability and cost of the 3500-6901 upgrade blower assembly.

Thanks for inquiring and allowing us to assist you.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?