Where to find replacement wallboard

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Home is a 1998 Palm Harbor SW home. The walls do not feel like Sheetrock, they seems to be some type of vinyl or coated thin wall board. Any idea's what this may be. The walls are like this throughout the home and appear to be original.
Greg

It sounds to me like you may have vynil covered sheetrock. You may be able to take a small section from a hidden area like a closet. You may find also that it is easier to repaint the entire wall or room than to find a matching panel, if they exist. perhaps others may have some ideas to try. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
altasnowman

Hi Jim, can not think of the name of the board but what it sounds like is a 1/4" plywood that has had a vinyl attached to it. you might be able to get this product at Home-depot,Eagle or if you have a plywood specialty store around you might find it there. in the interim i will try to find the material here and let you know.
The dirtyist word in the dictionary CANCER....it takes many too soon and leaves nothing but anger and pain. We all mourn the loss of those that have succummed to this......
Maureen

Hi Jim,

There really is no name for this board, but most of us live with it.

What it is, like Greg said, is 1/4 inch sheet wallboard with a vinyl covering period.

I'll be honest, trying to match this with a manufactured home older that 5 years, is almost impossible!

You're best bet is to try a decorating tip or two. Either redo all walls to match, or make that wall a bit different, or a focal wall to blend in.

We have many posts about this problem in the decorating and gardening forum. You might want to do a search there for other ideas.

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Harry

Hi

Patrick Industries, Inc. claims to be the biggest supplier of Prefinished Vinyl Covered Panels to the manufacturered housing industry.

The closest plant around here is in Ocala, Fl.

Last time I called them they would make me a batch but there was a minimum order which was too much for me. They sometimes sell over runs to local surplus stores.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?