99 cavalier roof leak.

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

BIG O

I purchased this 1999 cavalier MB new. About 2 years after owning it started having problems with the asphalt shingle roof leaking all on one side of the house until now. Called out a roofer to look at it.He said that the drip rail and vinyl soft cover were improperly installed from the factory causing the shingles to curl up right at the edge in turn causing water to puddle up on the shingles. That in turn caused the water to seep through the shingles and rot the OSB board under layment causing the leaks to occur. When he tore the roof off i was very surprised. All down the 80 foot length of soffit on one side only( the other side of the home was in perfect condition)was rotted and he had to replace 6 sheets of OSB(went back with treated wood).He also told me that he repaired some other MH that was worse than this one.I would like to now if any one else has had this problem and if there is any way i can get the manufacturer to help pay at least some of this.

Hi everybody!
This is from a post I made back in October of last year. I took pictures and wrote a letter. Sent it to the manufacturer. Ended up with a 1/3rd compensation. I was very surprised. Didn't think I was going to get that. Came off on a note of customer satisfaction.

BIG O out.
IT'S BIG O BABY!!
Yanita

Hey Big O,

That's great, I really did not think you would get any compensation on that.

One third is still better than nothing!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

Now go pick some numbers for the lottery and see if your luck holds. congrats, Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Yo Big O

Now that's what I'm takin 'bout!!

Nice going!

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Maureen

Way to go Big O! I'm so happy to hear that a manufacture stepped up!

That's what it takes, people stepping up and demanding better quality and the manufactures stepping up and taking care of problems. That hasn't been seen so much over the years. It's a welcome sight to see!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'