Please Help with Material Identification

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Eugene10

Hi Friends! I have bought a mobile home. It is 1961 Trailoram. The all indoor walls here are finished with the same type of panels, I do not know if they are original from a factory or newer, but I want to do some repair around one window where they have some signs of water damage. I guess someone did not close this window and rain got inside. So I think I will buy few panels and replace damaged with new ones. But I can't understand what a kind of panels they are? Is it veneered MDF or laminated plywood? or something else? I attached a some pictures. Maybe they will help. Thank you in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

That is the original 1960's & 70's paneling. I have my doubts that you will find any unless it is out of an other home. Personally I would pull it all and sheetrock the walls. Remember that the old Mobiles had a reputation of being fire traps largely due to the use of that style paneling. I'm not trying to scare anyone but that is just a simple fact.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."