Bathtub Faucet

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

golden

i have a one piece unit that is 8" wide. it leaks around the cold water knob when turned on. have no access panel. Please help!!!!
Thanks
Maureen

Hi Golden,

Sound like you might have a faucet with washers. It might be as simple as removing the handle, removing the stem and replacing the washer at the end of the stem. You may have to replace an O ring also. If this doesn't fix the problem, you may have to reseat the stem. This takes a special little tool, but it's real easy.

Most of this depends on how old your home is. You may have washerless faucets and the above advice is null and void LOL!

We need real specific information before we can answer questions. Every repair, large or small depends on all lot of information first.

Our homes are very different from stick builts, they are even more different depending on age and location. It's crazy, but it is what it is!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Greg

If push comes to shove, acess panels are not hard to make on some walls you can carefully remove the whole wall panel depending on the wall material. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."