posting photo

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

buckmaster27012

can someone give me some tips on how to post a photo? got a couple questions but need a picture to make it easier but i keep getting file is too large message. i tried to make it smaller now it says extension bmp is not allowed. thanks
ponch37300

buckmaster27012 wrote:can someone give me some tips on how to post a photo? got a couple questions but need a picture to make it easier but i keep getting file is too large message. i tried to make it smaller now it says extension bmp is not allowed. thanks
To be honest I haven't even figured out all the details with posting photos. The other day I uploaded some straight to the forum and they were huge!

The easiest way to do it is to use a photo hosting site like photobucket or any of the other numerous ones out there. Then there is an embed code for forums by the picture that you just copy and paste. This automatically sizes it for you for forums. Super easy and just as quick once you do it a couple times. This is how I usually do it.

Hope this helps and if you have any other issues let me know and I'll help however I can.
Greg

Well Buck, it CAN run you in circles until you get the hang of it.

Use the "full editor" when you make your post. At the bottom (under the 3 save, preview,submit boxes) click "Upload attachment" tab.

Choose the file from your computer that you want to add to your post. Click on the file, the file # should show in the box, click "Add the file".

click Preview to see how the post will look. If it's OK click Submit.

As I said It can run you in circles the first few times until you get the hang of it.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
ponch37300

Greg is there a way to make the photo smaller when uploading? In my duct cleaning thread the other day the pictures I uploaded directly to the forum where HUGE! I think other forums automatically resize them.
Greg

I use Picasa, it has a resize feature when you export the photo.

I know there are other resize programs also, I seems like there is one in windows somewhere.

Greg
ponch37300

I use photobucket usually and it will automatically resize for forums. But was wondering if you knew why uploading directly to this site the photos come out HUGE. I upload directly to other sites and the pictures come out normal. Just wondering if there was a setting or something I need to look into so I can upload directly to the forum if I want to quickly?
Greg

As far as I know this site does not automatically resize photos. you can check around and see if you can find anything.

Greg