Total Remodel

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

gtpvette

I've been lurking for a while here,, reading and learning about mobile homes. Thought I'd post up a few before and after pictures of out kitchen remodel.

Here's what we started with,,, kitchen is behind the wall

Half the cabinets out, tile removed,, wall almost down

Scraping off the popcorn,,, so much fun! BTW,, how about that wall paper/covering

We already have drywall everywhere,, it just needed to be screwed in, taped mudded and repaired

Center island is in,,, new lights and ceiling is all patched and ready to go!

Tiled the center island,,,, lots of drywall work to do still

Fast forward,,,, new cabinets in,, counters and backsplash are tiled, undercounter lights, Made a wine rack. Note I also made full extension pull out drawers for all of the lower cabinets. I scored some points with the wife on that one!

This was this past weekend. Sinks in, light rail installed, crown at ceiling installled, chair rail installed on center island and cabinets. It's pretty much done. The wife is happy!

This has taken us since Thanksgiving weekend to get this done (3 1/2 months). In our defense we only get the weekends to work on it. What's not seen is the new CPVC water supply I installed as I wanted to replace the polybutelene and a new water heater as well. I'll replaces the pipes in the baths when I do those later this year. It's a bit spliced together at the moment. Thank god for SharkBites!

The next project is to replace some rotted flooring and sill plate in the living room. Once that's done I can finish the drywall in the living space,, paint then put down the flooring. Then I get to go fishing for a while!!!

Will it ever be done????????
Last edited by gtpvette on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg

Looks good!!!

Two important statements, "The wife is happy" - That is the MOST important part.
"Will ever be done?", Did you hit your head doing part of job? Of course not, it will NEVER be done!!! You will get this part done and move onto something else.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

Looks Beautiful! Great job. But it's time to fish now!
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
bobfather99

Fantastic job!!! Looks like Miller Time to me..... ;)
Tip your bartender.....
Steve-WA

what did you use for the chair rail trim on the island?
gtpvette

Thanks for the kind words. Let me also say thanks fror running this site,,, it's been a real help as I've nerver been around a mobile home before. I also think there may be a few questions next week when I get into the rotten floor and sill. I'm stioll not exactly sure how I'm gong to repair that.

As for the chair rail,,,, It's just charil rail trim I ripped to width that I bought at a local lumber store. I origionally was going to use a bullnose tile,,, but then I saw what it should cost and opted for plan 'B''.
gtpvette

A few updates from the last couple of weeks. Finished the drywall workl on two more walls in the living space,,, painted,,, then installed new flooring.

Still need all of the trim work finished (crown, base, door and windows).
sndmn2

Look nice. Job well done.
Denise

Beautiful chocolate lab!! WOW,WOW,WOW...are you going to rent yourself out? :wink:
heartmender

Very nice job. Great work!
crackur

what type of flooring is that?
gtpvette

crackur wrote:what type of flooring is that?
It's a laminate 'Weathered Oak' I got at 'Floor & Decor' a local retailer. 12mm thick which is nice,,, but $2 a foot which isn't. The look is terrific,,, the wife loves it.

The company that makes it is Sensa,,,

http://www.sensa-flooring.com/

http://www.flooranddecoroutlets.com/s44100843.html#
crackur

was it pretty easy to install?
gtpvette

Yess,,,, very easy to install. We did the whole living space (living, kitchen and dining) in a weekend.

All the trim is done!!!!

gtpvette

I haven't updated this is a while so I thought I'd post a few new pictures. These are the second bedroom which was a complete wreck due to the water leaks. I replaced some drywall on the celing as well as the total outside wall drywall and insulation. reframed the closet door opening for bi-folds and reworked the electric for the sconces.